MrV
Lisker

MrV - #148 - Longtime Lisk member w/transparent delegate seen on lisktools.io. Providing contests & bounties to coders

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:49 am

Hello everybody!!

ImageIntroduction
Crypto History
I orginally got into the cryptoworld when LiteCoin could still only be mined with CPUs :) However, I wasn't very involved until I bought my first SCRYPT ASIC miner a while later. Then I got really involved with NXT about 2 months after it went live and have learned a lot. I have been active in the NXT community, even contributing to the core UI at one point, and adding several of my own nodes to help the network. I developed 2 plugins for NXT too: https://github.com/mrv777/NXT-the-forum | https://github.com/mrv777/NXT_asset_analysis

Technology Experience
I work as a Web/Email/Database Administrator and backup the Network Administrator by day for the last 6 years. Before that, I ran a website hosting and designing company with my college roommate. I have grown up with computers, from my first Apple IIe and playing games on a 286 Processor to now these VMware server clusters with multiple 8 core CPUs and over 100GB of memory each, we have at work :) I started with DOS and programming in QBasic to now doing HTML/CSS/JS/PHP/MySQL on several linux (Ubuntu) servers with no GUI (I've come full circle :) )

ImageServer Specifications
Lisktools/Snapshot Server
    Dedicated Server
    CPU: Quad Core Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 3.4 Ghz X 4
    Memory: 16 GB DDR3
    Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD
    10 Gbps DDoS Protection
    1 Gbps Connection
    SSL

There is no master forging server, they are all treated equally
Forging Server 1
    VPS Server
    4 CPU Cores
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Hard Drive: 80 GB SSD w/Raid 10
    6000 GB Bandwidth
    10 Gbps DDoS Protection

Forging Server 2
    VPS Server
    2 CPU Cores @ 2.4 GHz
    Hard Drive: 40 GB SSD w/Raid 10
    100 Mbps
    Unlimited traffic

Forging Server 3
    VPS Server
    4 CPU Cores @ 3.1 GHz
    Hard Drive: 100 GB NVMe
    100 Mbps
    Unlimited traffic

Testnet Server (Delegate server and running test.lisktools.io)
    VPS Server
    2 CPU Cores @ 2.4 GHz
    Hard Drive: 40 GB SSD w/Raid 10
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Auto rebuild script if node forks or stops

Management Server
    VPS Server
    2 CPU Cores
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Hard Drive: 25 GB w/Raid 1
    Unlimited Bandwidth
You can find my management script here: https://github.com/mrv777/LiskScripts/b ... manage3.sh The script checks block heights of my three servers. If the current forging server is too far behind (or is not on) the highest of the three, it switches forging servers to an acceptable one. It also makes sure 1 and only 1 server is forging at all times.
I'm also using lisktools.io to get email notifications if it detects an issue and vrlc's android app.
All servers will be actively maintained with necessary OS updates and patching performed regularly. Lisk updates should be complete on all servers within 24 hours of their release. I also have SSH access setup on my phone for the servers in case of any emergency.

ImageCurrent Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

Current/Past Contributions

As an active delegate
I plan on continuing to contribute to the Lisk Ecosystem. I would be active in the community, participating, communicating, and listening. I plan on learning about the Dapps SDK and making a basic app for the testnet. This will help me understand Dapp development better and hopefully make better decisions with Dapp development funds. As for all the forged LSK as an active delegate, my current plan (with estimated percentages) for it is the following:
  • 50% - For Dapp developers, bounties, and any marketing ideas. I already have ideas for Dapp developers by holding contests for Dapps, as well as funding promising Dapps (with payment plan or escrow to help fight scams). I also have planned out a bounty for developers helping close GitHub issues and reporting bugs (with demonstration on the testnet). Both the first dapp contest and bounty forms are ready and can be found below *Considering taking 10% from here to put towards the Lisk Community Fund. Account address: 9218911569612952003L
  • 5% - Divided between all voters not in the top 101 (to help with distribution and share, thinking between weekly/monthly distributions [if above a minimal amount]). The amount an account gets is based off an account's voting weight (up to a limit [possibly 50,000LSK]) once a day and will be visible here (code still needs to be tweaked some more): https://lisktools.io/profitShares.php Account address: 4880337952579156737L Note: This is now 5%
  • 45% - To delegate (to help cover server costs [including lisktools.io] & my time), long-term investment, and discretionary fund for other Lisk projects & related expenses Account address: 7436885772574645499L

I will have separate accounts for each item above and provide the account numbers on lisktools.io for transparency. I will also add information about incoming and outgoing tx's from those accounts (Starting with this Google Sheet, but possibly making it display nicely as a table/chart on it's own page)

Lastly, once the blockchain apps documentation is updated and is fully working (or at least not considered alpha :)), I plan on taking a look at creating a lottery app if no one else takes it on initially.

Thank you for looking at my proposal. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me on the forum here, on Lisk Chat, or through the email provided below.
Have a good day!

ImageContact Details
E-Mail: MrV.Crypto@gmail.com
GitHub: MrV777
Reddit: MrV777
BitcoinTalk.org: MrV777
Twitter: N/A
LinkedIn: N/A
Last edited by MrV on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 108 times in total.
Please vote for me: MrV for delegate
Status of my delegate: Delegate Status

daoist
Lisker

Re: MrV for Delegate :)

Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:04 am

+1
daoist [POWER NODE] SMART_FARM_BLOCKCHAIN_APP
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=209

kevinrasf
Lisker

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:41 am

Added to the summary :)

Pls add me to your list.

Cheers.
Full summary of Delegate Announcements at : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216

Please vote for me as delegate : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236
Livenet: Kevinrasf

Area [ATA]
Lisker

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:22 pm

Vote for you +1 :)

Pls add me to your vote list.

metal494
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:45 am

Hi MrV and Welcome! I add you to my list, I like the idea, good luck ;)

MakeCoinsGreatAgain
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:10 am

voted mate

Odsejen
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:35 pm

voted for you - cheers
my infos: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=278&p=3346#p3346
Odsejen delegate-info: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=278

vrlc92
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:40 pm

You have my vote!

MrV
Lisker

Re: MrV for Delegate :) (Dedicated Server with DDoS Protection)

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:43 am

New server going online tomorrow to withstand any more of those stress tests :-P
The VPS is being purposed as my backup node
Please vote for me: MrV for delegate
Status of my delegate: Delegate Status

Return to “Proposals”