MalReynolds

malreynolds - Maintaing a Trusted Delegate Chain of Experience from Crypti to Lisk Testnet to Lisk Mainnet

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:26 am

Introduction

I'm Mal Reynolds, and I ask for your vote as a Lisk Active Delegate. I believe in Lisk and the idea of Javascript sidechains. In real life, I am an electronics hardware design and prototype test engineer, not a software developer. The way I have decided to support Lisk is to run a mainnet node and help generate the blocks in its blockchain that keep Lisk going. I ask for your vote to allow me to serve in this necessary role for Lisk.

Server Specifications

Dual OVH VPS SSD3 units located in Strasbourg, France

OpenStack KVM
2 vCores
2.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
40 GB SSD
Local RAID 10

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

Before Lisk started, I ran a Crypti node for many months starting in 2015. Since Lisk has started, I have run a Lisk testnet node for many more months. I have also operated a mainnet node since the beginning of community forging in November 2016. My operation of these nodes has been my primary contribution to the Lisk ecosystem.

Besides experience, there are other factors make a good delegate. Enthusiasm. Community activity. Teamwork. All these things are certainly important, and I believe I have exhibited them all.

But the most important role of a delegate is to keep the Lisk system running by keeping a node running.

Let me tell you what I think are the most important responsibilities about being a delegate: uptime, updates and upvotes.

UPTIME: With your vote, I will monitor my VPS to keep it online as much as possible.

UPDATES: With your vote, I will install the Lisk updates as they are issued.

UPVOTES: With your vote, I will upvote new Standby Delegates as required to ensure that all 101 Active Delegates are productive and forging. No dead nodes in the top 101!

In addition to the commitment of my time to run a Lisk node, I have committed my finances to supporting Lisk as well. I have made significant contributions of 5800+ Lisk to support development of a lite wallet. I have donated 1000 Lisk to support the Lisk BCT signature contest. Finally, I have also made a public commitment to donate 20% of my forging rewards to the Lisk Community Fund during the 5-Lisk-per-block reward period. So far I have donated 4500 Lisk to the LCF, and I am one of its top donors.

Overall, I have contributed almost 12,000 Lisk to various community efforts with more to come. Links to the transactions referenced above:

https://explorer.lisk.io/tx/4250982547986922367
https://explorer.lisk.io/tx/7245081574616989829
https://explorer.lisk.io/tx/8056556960167826094
https://explorer.lisk.io/tx/9885058275693582314

Ending Statement

Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) is harder than it looks to get right as a functioning system. My primary focus is a commitment to making Lisk DPoS work smoothly as a whole. I will meet this goal by not only by running a single node myself, but also through social engagement efforts that promote and support a committed, competent worldwide Active Delegate team as well.

Contact Details

E-Mail: malreynoldsoflisk@gmail.com
GitHub:
Reddit:
BitcoinTalk.org:
Twitter:
LinkedIn:
Last edited by MalReynolds on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 11 times in total.

emerge
Lisker

Re: MalReynolds For Lisk Active Delegate

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:31 am

Of course you have my vote. Good luck Mal!
JM "Emerge" Erestain | Dust - Decentralized Trust Platform | Emerge for Delegate

Jan
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:15 pm

+1 from Jan.

cc001
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:09 pm

+1
My Delegate Node
My Websites:
My Scripts:
My Tutorials:
  • Secure basic setup of a delegate server
  • how to set up 'lisk-rake' (outdated)

TheRedHawk
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Mal, another +1 for you! ;)
theredhawk

FOUNDER ::: BATTLECHAIN PROJECT ::: CFO/PR

CHECK THE APP THREAD

CHECK OUR CANDIDATURE

cannabanana
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:47 pm

you got it bro

Videodrome
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:04 pm

+1 !

I have already told you..you have my vote ! your ico support was to helpful for me!

i have already writed something about you in my post!

Hope you like it! :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=114

JByorg

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 pm

You've genuinely been one of the most supportive and helpful members of the group, so I'll give ya what support I can as well.

Additionally, could you take a look at my idea here and tell me what you think?

I'd really like some community feedback on my approach.

Bacobob
Lisker

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Mal like you know you already got my votes!
Vote for me and support Lisk viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96
www.liskchain.info will be lead with this funds

Return to “Delegates”