Vega
Lisker

vega - Fast and adaptable, here from the beginning till the end

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Introduction

I'm Vega, you can check my Bitcointalk profile or you can find me hanging out in the Lisk Chat. I try to be levelheaded and only post when have something to say. I have been in the crypto scene since 2013. These days I make my living from it, so I'm around most of the time.

Delegate Name: vega
Delegate Address: 2695109181643074042L

Updates:
2017-04-27
I'm now a profit sharing delegate and from this point I'll share 50% of my forged rewards with my voters. (Percentage review in 3 months)
2017-08-21
The share percentage is still 50% will review at the end of sept. I fall into the routine of making one payout a week, usually on mondays. Minimum payout amount lowered to 2 lisk (from 3) from now on.
2017-11-16
I'm out of forging. Time will time for how long. Please keep your votes in place so I can have a chance of gathering more weight. Thanks for the support.

I've been running Lisk testnet and man net nodes since the networks been up. I'm almost always amongst the fastest to update whenever a new version is released.

Based on this experience I'm not going to go overboard with server specs or the number of nodes. For start I'm using middle range Vultr VPS (that exceeds the recommended mininimum specs for a delegate node), with DDoS protection to run the main delegate node, and three other smilar backup nodes at other VPS providers. Now I switched the main node to an OVH server.

I'm ready to scale up as soon as there is need. One of my advantage as a delegate that I move fast. As soon as I see my servers struggling, I'll bring up online a dedicated node with serious DDoS protection withing the hour.

For monitoring and failover solution I use my own tools that I keep refining. My productivity after a bit rocky start is 98% and climbing.

Server Specifications

Main
2 vCores 2.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
40 GB SSD

Backup1
1 vCores 2.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
40 GB SSD

Backup2
1 vCores 2.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
40 GB SSD

Remote monitoring
Desktop PC - on 24/7, running Windows 10 and custom scripts

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

As with server specs I like flexibility and being as adaptable as possible with financial and investment plans.
I most definitely planning on developing additional Lisk tools as well as finance promising ideas. I organized and financed other crypto releated project before and the possibilities or side chain apps were the biggest selling point for me on Lisk (and Crpyti before).

I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit lisk to Community Funds, I usually prefer to invest (and risk) money on my own or support those people and projects of my liking. But it will all depend on how well the inner workings of the Funds will function. If they do good work I'm most likely in. My decision making process is organic depending on the situation. While I understant the reasoning for the existence of the Fund, I see little sense myself to part with my Lisk long before such Fund can be used for anything. I'm an investor not just in crpyto coins, but projects built on various cryptos as well. I funded projects for other coins out of my own pocket and will do again if I see one that I think has potential. If the scope of the project is such that I can't, I'll find likeminded people who can contribute. This is more of my liking for such organisation of funds.

As for contributions so far, other than maintaining various Lisk releated nodes in the last 8 months, i developed several Windows tools, Voting tool that makes voting for lisk Delegates faster and easier. A small Delegate Monitor tool that displays Delegate information and let's delegates know if there is a problem. I'm was also working on a more serious monitoring and automation tool that will allow direct log monitoring for Lisk delegate servers, and be capable to warn the users of any potential problems, as well as act on it's own to solve those problems, and switch forging to backup servers when the main one experiences difficulty. I plan to finish this when the log and other changes settle down a bit. Should be soon now.

Some screenshots of my current tools

Voting Tool
Forum Thread

This was the old version (you can still find it in github).
2016-05-22 23_15_59.png
2016-05-22 23_15_59.png (92.78 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

Lisk Node Watcher (for windows)

The older version of Delegate Monitor
infobox2.png
infobox2.png (13.6 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
notes2.png
notes2.png (34.37 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

My voting tool includes an option to get a list of my recommended delegates. I'll share details about this when I update the voting tool.

Ending Statement

I'm in Lisk for the long haul.
I bought into NXT at 60 satoshi, and still own a good amount, and been following the community from the beginning. I was a Crypti supporter from the start, bought in during ICO and kept buying after ICO at various times, until I had a respectable amount of the total supply. I was waiting for something to happen for two years because I believed in the idea and the technology, so when Lisk came along, I jumped, and been exited since.
Hopefully we done with the code releated delay now and we can focus on laying the infrastructure for blockchain apps so the real development can began.

I'm now a 50% sharing delegate, a percentage what will be evaluated ever three months, as if anything the last year in lisk taught me that the only thing that Is constant Is change.

Contact Details

E-Mail: PM me
GitHub: Github
BitcoinTalk.org: Vega
Twitter: None
LinkedIn: None
Last edited by Vega on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Area [ATA]
Lisker

Re: Vega for Active Delegate

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Nice work, my vote is yours :)

Consider to vote me, too. Thank you.

Area - Rank 90

Odsejen
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:58 pm

you have my vote, if you like check my node info posting.php?mode=edit&f=6&p=3346
Odsejen delegate-info: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=278

daoist
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:21 pm

+1
daoist [POWER NODE] SMART_FARM_BLOCKCHAIN_APP
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=209

proto
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Very nice work Vega.
My delegate proposal: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195

Shino
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:58 pm

One Big Fat Vote from Shino! I love the monitor!
Check out my Candidacy and join the Alliance!

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=208

kevinrasf
Lisker

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Added to the summary: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216&p=1798#p1798

Pls vote for me as well:)
Full summary of Delegate Announcements at : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216

Please vote for me as delegate : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236
Livenet: Kevinrasf

ottobene
Lisker

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Vote for you and add to my list)
Your testnet delegate is "vegatest"?

vrlc92
Lisker

Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:35 pm

+1

Jan
Lisker

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Vega you'll be added to my list. Make sure to have me on yours ;)

I'll vote for your TN now and will see you at launch.

Return to “Proposals”