punkrock
Lisker

punkrock - 6853061742992593192L - Professional nodes to secure the Lisk network and its sidechains

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Introduction
My name is Daniel, born in the early 80s and I'm from Germany. I'm into computers since I can walk. ATARI, Commodore, Amiga,... . I'm running Windows since the early 90s, but since some years I'm more and more into Ubuntu & Debian. I'm a supporter and member of the Chaos Computer Club and very interested in any kind of computer-realted technology, system security and political topics.

I have a successfully completed training as a media designer, am a musician with heart & soul and used to work as a bartender. I began mining late 2013. After I quit (ecologically questionable) mining, really great alternatives like NXT (PoS) came up and I supported them for some time by moderating forums, spreading the word and administrating a forging pool for everyone who wanted to participate. After a while I went over to NEM (New Economy Movement), where I set up a node and later a supernode to secure the network.

Now I'm full-time into Lisk. It's the first project where I see that kind of professionalism I expect of a project which wants to be successful and I like the idea behind it as a decentralized platform for blockchain applications. I see huge potential for Lisk and that it's a great opportunity to build something big for the (crypto-)world.

Server Specifications
My setup consists of three available forging nodes and a managing node (secured by TLS 1.2). If the main node fails to forge because of a low block height, a low blockchain consensus or just because the client isn't running, my managing node switches to an available node. Beside this, every node runs a script itself, that checks the block height of the client compared to the network. If the block height is too low, it recovers itself by reloading or rebuilding the client. While this happens, the managing node disables forging and enables it on an available node. Kudos to our great community members, who are responsible for all the scripts in one or another way: MrV, cc001, isabella, Gr33nDrag0n, corsaro, liberspirita, wannabe_RoteBaron, hagie and everyone who's helping to make Lisk better!

Further I'm monitoring all nodes with MONIT. This allows me to get a notifications within seconds directly on my smartphone and desktop PC. If all scripts fail to keep at least one server forging, I'm using ServerAudit (mobile) or MobaXterm (at home) to fix the problems as fast as possible. For me, this is one of most important aspects about being a delegate, beside supporting the development of Blochain Apps and our community and I'm taking this serious.

server-setup-punkrock.png
server-setup-punkrock.png (202.07 KiB) Viewed 2480 times

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem
I'm an a former ambassador for Lisk Germany (Daniel B.) who is still doing constructive work for Lisk nearly every day, since Feb./March 2016. I'm administrating several social media accounts like Lisk_DE on Twitter, Lisk Deutschland on Facebook, LiskNews & LiskDelegates on Telegram. I've started a new Bitcointalk thread for german speaking users and in order to provide an online wallet for everyone, I'm running a public wallet at LiskWallet.punkrock.me. I'm helping with translations whenever I can (for example the Lisk Desktop/Mobile Wallet, which I've also co-financed with ~190 LSK). I'm a moderator in the Lisk.Chat, where I'm a discussing and helping day by day. I'm an alpha-tester for the testnet Lisk client and of course, I'm running a testnet server. As you can see, I'm a very active member of the Lisk Community and I'm definitely here to stay. As soon as developers start to publish their apps, I will offer my service to secure, stabilize and decentralize their sidechains. I also will support the Community Fund with 10% of all forged LSK. Oh, and did I mention, that I made T-Shirts, which I sold in a crowdsale for early Lisk adopters? Right. ;)

OVERVIEW
My Services:

My Social Media Accounts to promote & support Lisk:

Donations I've made:
Please see my monthly transparency reports. Before I started making those transparency report I've already donated more than 7000 LSK to community members and projects.

Tutorials for the community:

I did a banner for Lisk, that won a price.
Lisk_banner_by_punkrock.gif
Lisk_banner_by_punkrock.gif (170.46 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

What I am doing with my forged LSK:
For me as a delegate and ambassador for Lisk, it is self-evident, that I will donate some forged LSK directly to our exceptionally active community members, who are helping with great contributions, like writing scripts, helping on GitHub and so on. That's why I decided to donate 5% of all forged LSK directly to those selected community members. Click here to see my transparency reports.

My distribution accounts
Before distribution, all forged LSK will be sent to these accounts.
██ Donations to Community Members - 2674623966838835666L
██ Lisk Community Fund - 11181481579498034352L
██ Projects Fund - 9706012115796879732L
██ Oncost & Voting Weight - 5826706022975073929L
forging_utilization_scheme.png
forging_utilization_scheme.png (29.71 KiB) Viewed 1542 times

Ending Statement
I hope that everything I've stated above, is showing you that I am an excellent Delegate to vote for and I hope I can count on you and your vote. Anyway, I am only a mosaic in our great community. Only together, we can make Lisk successful. Thanks to everyone who is doing something for Lisk!

Contact Details
E-Mail: contact {at} punkrock.me
GitHub: punkr0ck
Reddit: -punkrock-
BitcoinTalk.org: punkrock & Lisk_DE
Twitter: @CryptoPunkrock
LinkedIn: N/A
Last edited by punkrock on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 139 times in total.
Delegate name: punkrock
Address: 6853061742992593192L

Daniel B. - Former Lisk ambassador for Germany
Website | My delegate proposal | Twitter | Bitcointalk

cannabanana
Lisker

Re: Lisknode.net - Delegated nodes for you and me

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:30 pm

you and mal definitely have my vote!

JByorg

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:22 am

I certainly give you my endorsement, Punk Rock

Jan
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:15 pm

+1 from Jan.

cc001
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:11 pm

+1
My Delegate Node
My Websites:
My Scripts:
My Tutorials:
  • Secure basic setup of a delegate server
  • how to set up 'lisk-rake' (outdated)

TheRedHawk
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:19 pm

You're another one with my vote for sure!
theredhawk

FOUNDER ::: BATTLECHAIN PROJECT ::: CFO/PR

CHECK THE APP THREAD

CHECK OUR CANDIDATURE

Videodrome
Lisker

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:14 pm

+1

My first vote goes to you! Thanks for all your help!

Grajson
Lisker

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:30 pm

+1 I will vote for your personal node! Great tutorials!

Return to “Proposals”