ViperTKD
Lisker

ViperTKD - Sharing 50% with voters - for a Stable and Secure network - 20+ years experience in IT

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:34 am

Introduction

==============================================================================================================

Update (2017-05-09): Currently sharing 50%!! Don't miss your chance!!

==============================================================================================================

Hello,

I'm ViperTKD from Canada, and I've been in IT for more than 20 years. I've been a developer and a sysadmin for many years and now I'm managing multiple teams of very experienced sysadmin.

I joined Lisk in the early days of testnet (vipertkd) and I've been always involved since then installing and testing every releases on my nodes as I wanted to be ready and well prepared for the mainnet at go live and for when the forging would start.

Since then I've spent a lot of time fine tuning and securing my nodes as well as writing scripts to monitor and automate most of the required tasks in order to keep a good uptime.

Server Specifications

MainNet Forging node and backups:
  • All nodes in different datacenters for better resiliency
  • 4 vCPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 90 GB SSD
  • DDOS protection
  • OS secured following industry standard best practices

MainNet Public Wallet (https://lisk-login.vipertkd.com):
  • 2 vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 45 GB SSD
  • DDOS protection

TestNet Forging node and backup:
  • 2 vCPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 40 GB SSD

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

I have written a few guides (in the guide section of the forum) that might be useful for people who want to build a node or become a delegate.
I'm maintaining a Public Wallet on the MainNet (just in case the official one would be down or under attack):
https://lisk-login.vipertkd.com

And finally, here's how I'm planning to spend the Lisk that I will forge (this is the potential breakdown that may change depending on Lisk price and external factors):
  • 50% of forged Lisk shared with voters
  • Up to 50% to nodes maintenance and to my own blockchain apps development projects (current top 2 projects in mind are in gaming)
  • Up to 25% to the development of Lisk and blockchain apps which will be distributed between funds and projects that I deem worthy
  • Potential 10% for social events in Canada (Montreal) to promote Lisk (such as meetup and/or conference)

Ending Statement

My primary goal is to provide stable and secure nodes to support the network. I am putting a lot of emphasis on security as I think it is one of the most important factors in choosing a good stable delegate to vote. I have multiple security layers, and I'm constantly looking for ways to improve them.

I currently have multiple nodes running on the TestNet even though the MainNet is currently live. I believe in maintaining a functional TestNet as it is crucial to have a good place be able to test new versions as well as new node configurations, automation scripts, and more.

I have multiple nodes on the MainNet that are in different locations, with different providers, and on different distro. I believe in diversity (even though it's more work to maintain) as it is key to a secure and stable MainNet. I have active remote monitoring on all these nodes with pushed notification on my phone so that I can react quickly and provide the best uptime possible. I also have automatic fail-over scripts to switch between the active and backup node in case of problem.

Note that I will also vote for other candidates but a vote for me doesn't guarantee my vote. I'm looking for delegates that will provide stability (uptime), security, geodiversity and who are bringing something to the Lisk community. I think those are key factors to the success of Lisk.

Thanks!

Contact Details

E-Mail: info[at]vipertkd.com
GitHub: https://github.com/viper-tkd
Lisk Chat: ViperTKD
Last edited by ViperTKD on Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 40 times in total.

daoist
Lisker

Re: ViperTKD for delegate

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:47 am

Canadian eh? Will be on the lookout for ViperTKD on testnet, added you to my mainnet voting list. Consider DAO as an active delegate for Lisk. Cheers mate!
daoist [POWER NODE] SMART_FARM_BLOCKCHAIN_APP
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=209

ViperTKD
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:59 am

daoist wrote:Canadian eh? Will be on the lookout for ViperTKD on testnet, added you to my mainnet voting list. Consider DAO as an active delegate for Lisk. Cheers mate!

I checked your candidacy and I added you to my list as well. I like that you are in Japan because we need geodiversity for a stable network. I also voted your note on the Testnet.

See you around in the Forum or Chat!
Check my Delegate Candidacy : https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=246

lamar
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:01 am

+1

cryptostorms
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:16 am

+1 Welcome to the world of Crypto! Great Intro! Lisk was certainly the best decision for me to expand my horizons, Security and Diversity are the key words here my friend.
you sealed my vote for TN and MN. peace

currently at 38 position
Cryptostorms Lisk testnet delegate summary
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=230

Hoop
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:23 am

+1 ! Test & Main ;)

vrlc92
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:22 pm

+1

ViperTKD
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:19 pm

cryptostorms wrote:+1 Welcome to the world of Crypto! Great Intro! Lisk was certainly the best decision for me to expand my horizons, Security and Diversity are the key words here my friend.
you sealed my vote for TN and MN. peace

currently at 38 position
Cryptostorms Lisk testnet delegate summary
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=230

Cryptostorms, good work and good uptime. You've got my vote!

ViperTKD
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Hoop wrote:+1 ! Test & Main ;)

Thanks for the vote Hoop! I did read your candidacy and you've got my vote as well.

Jan
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:28 pm

A neighbor of mines is a friend of mines (Minnesotan) You have my vote! :)

Post here and Ill include ya. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=110

Also leave me your Test Net rank, I'll vote for you.

Return to “Proposals”