Devasive
Lisker

Devasive - #57 - Reliable delegate and longtime supporter of the Lisk network!

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:03 pm

---I am now sharing 25% of my forging rewards to my voters. Rewards are distributed weekly based on weight (minimum payout threshold is 1 Lisk).---

Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Jordan and I am currently a college student working to obtain a degree in computer science. I have some experience coding in C, Assembly, C++ and Java but I still have a lot to learn! Technology has always played a big part in my life in some form or another and this growing field will always be a passion of mine. More importantly, I've been an avid Lisk supporter since the beginning of the ICO (day one buyer) and have been active in the cryptocurrency scene in general since 2013. I have supported many crypto startups in my time here, but Lisk has been my greatest focus thus far. I have been running my delegate Devasive since v0.1.2 of the testnet and I intend to continue running a testnet node to help provide support for critical future updates alongside running my more powerful mainnet servers.

It has been a long journey so far with Lisk and I have gained a lot of experience along the way. I don't intend to end my support for Lisk anytime in the foreseeable future as I see great things for it once the blockchain app scene really begins to take off. :)

I'm currently running my delegate Devasive on both the Lisk mainnet and testnet and would appreciate any votes from fellow Lisk users or prospective delegates. My current delegate rank and information can be found here:

Delegate: Devasive

Mainnet: https://explorer.lisk.io/address/17438085793668748066L

Testnet: https://testnet-explorer.lisk.io/addres ... 747064535L

Thanks!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Server specifications

I have tried to spread out my servers to multiple different providers and locations to help avoid centralization. Each server is also secured via SSL encryption and DDoS protection for added security in the event of malicious attacks against the network. I will try to always have at least 3+ servers running at all times to have a backup to switch to and I will also be keeping all of my mainnet servers at or above the minimum recommended specifications.

Mainnet server specs

Host: VPSDime
CPU: 4 Cores
RAM: 12GB DDR3
Storage: 60GB SSD
Bandwidth: 4TB
Connection: 10Gbit

Host: Vultr
RAM: 4GB
Storage: 90GB SSD
Bandwidth: 4TB

Host: Digital Ocean
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 80GB SSD
Bandwidth: 5TB

Testnet server specs

Host: VPSDime
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Storage: 30GB SSD
Bandwidth: 2TB
Connection: 10Gbit

Host: OVH
CPU: 2 Cores
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 40GB SSD
Bandwidth: Unlimited
Connection: 100Mbps

Forging failover and block height monitor server

I also have a server setup which is specifically being used for monitoring all of my currently running nodes and checking their block height to ensure that they are in sync with the network. If the node that I am currently forging with forks or is taken down for some reason, I have Liskak (found HERE) running an automatic failover script to rebuild and move forging to my next in sync node.

Having at least two servers running at all times allows me to maintain a high up-time (never dropping below 94% so far on testnet) by switching to the one that is in sync while the forked one rebuilds. I may add more servers or change providers or even add a dedicated server into the mix as time goes on and the requirements to secure the Lisk network change. I intend to keep 1-2 servers running specifically for testnet as well to provide support for future testing of updates.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

I have provided help for many users of Lisk when they had issues setting up their nodes or various other technical questions over the past several months as well as spreading the word about news from Lisk to encourage new faces in the community. I have also been supporting the testnet with each iteration by having my nodes running and updated very soon after new releases were issued. I am currently just trying my best to aid in a stable and successful network for Lisk. :)

As Lisk is a growing ecosystem that will still require funding for both blockchain app developers and future Lisk core development, I will be setting aside a portion of my forged Lisk for these causes each month. Until I see that there are projects that need funding, I intend to hold a large portion of the forged Lisk until there are more clear development efforts that I can choose to donate my forging rewards to. My delegate is also acting as a partial pool and will distribute a portion of the forging rewards to addresses that vote for my delegate. Pool rewards are subject to review on a monthly basis. The following is my initial plan for what I will do with the Lisk that I forge each month:

25% - To be distributed to voters of my delegate
20-40% - Lisk core development (Community Fund)/ blockchain app development on a discretionary basis
30-40% - To be held (likely to be used for more blockchain app funding as the Lisk ecosystem matures)
10-20% - My personal funding amount (I need to eat!) and to pay for my server costs

Depending on the price of Lisk each month, I may have to make some adjustments to these figures. I would like to stick to this format as closely as possible moving forward though. The higher Lisk goes, the more I will have to pass around to those who need it for their development efforts!

Ending Statement

There is a lot to look forward to in the cryptocurrency space and Lisk has a large part in it. I may not be a developer (yet), but I have a strong background in computing and I am building up my coding skills currently. If I can eventually hone my coding skills well enough, I would love to try my hand at developing a blockchain app. For now though, I will do what I can to help fund people with the skills and ideas that I think would be beneficial for both Lisk and the blockchain app environment. I hope for Lisk to grow into something incredible and by everyone working together we can achieve that. :D

Contact Details

E-Mail: devasive@gmail.com
Lisk Chat: Devasive
BitcoinTalk.org: Devasive
Telegram: Devasive
GitHub: Devasive
Last edited by Devasive on Mon May 29, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 171 times in total.

daoist
Lisker

Re: Delegate petition: Devasive

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Voted and added Devasive on my mainnet list! Thanks for considering DAO #27
daoist [POWER NODE] SMART_FARM_BLOCKCHAIN_APP
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=209

Devasive
Lisker

Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Looks like I've already voted for you, but I'll be sure to give you my vote for the official launch as well. ;)

SillySwitch33
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:42 am

You are on my list!
Testnet ranking around 106

DelegateCh
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:20 am

Good job there, will vote after launch. Please also vote back DelegateCh - Chinese marketing delegate. Thanks,
Please vote for DelegateCh.We are working on Chinese marketing.

Devasive
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:31 am

Thanks for the votes.

Voted for you too SillySwitch33. Will be sure to remember you for the official launch.

DelegateCh, I'll also be sure to give you a vote!

kevinrasf
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:38 am

Added you to the summary: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216&p=1798#p1798
Full summary of Delegate Announcements at : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216

Please vote for me as delegate : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236
Livenet: Kevinrasf

lamar
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:52 pm

+1

bitcoinuserx
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Hello, I will add you on mainnet. Hope you vote for me :)
MY CANDIDATURE FOR DELEGATE
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=91

bioly
Lisker

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:58 pm

+1
Hope you vote me too :)
bioly delegate - stable, secure, decentralized Lisk network
Check my proposal!

Return to “Proposals”