atreides
Lisker

atreides - Romania Lisk Country Ambassador

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:27 am

atreides

Introduction
Short version: blockchain enthusiast, been involved in LISK , since February 2016 supporting testnet and mainnet 24/7 since then.
Long version: For the last 17 years working in IT Infrastructure, and the last 3 years I earned my living offering IT consultancy for banking IT business transformation, fintech and digital banking together with my clients, mostly banking institutions and FX trading companies, we started to look for life applications for crypto/blockchain smart contracts, mostly for financial area. Now, working as Innovation Manager for a financial institution pushing the envelope as hard as possible on blockchain experimenting.
I consider myself, part of the “hard-core” lisk supporters. Supporting lisk as I said above, since February 2016, acting as Lisk Country Ambassador.
In order to have lisk thrive, we need to create a solid foundation based on a mature, stable and secure blockchain, we need simple and easy to read documentation and bapps examples so developers from all over the world can start dive in and publish bapps on lisk. As Lisk Ambassador these are my top priorities, on creating these premises in order to make Lisk a must have in the enterprises of tomorrow and the first option when it comes about blockchain.

Current Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem
  • Wallet translation into Romanian
  • Part of lisk “testnet-alpha” team, where together with cc01, tharude, gr33ndrag0n, wannabe_RoteBaron, Phoenix1969, we are dry-running test versions before being available for download
  • Tutorials on tunneling with putty and ssh(done together with wannabe_RoteBaron
  • While I’m not a developer,I funded community projects and I’ll support in the future with my forged lisk the development of BAPPS since it is my strong believe that only real-life scenarios and usage can make lisk more valuable and bring crypto currency to masses.
  • Funding the first community project a cross-platform http://desktop.lisk-wallet.com
  • Funding LIG meetups (Italy Lisk Ambassadors group)
  • Having presentations for JS Dev Community, in Bucharest
  • Sponsoring tickets for devs to blockchain conferences
  • Buying books about developing DAPPS and distributing them to JS Dev
  • Having lisk as sponsor for StartupWeekend Bucharest and Startup Weekend Timisoara
  • Presenting lisk at blockchain meetups

Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem
Being Lisk ambassador comes with great responsibilities but I'm honoured to be an agent of change.The future roadmap is:
  • Organising monthly local meet-ups in 4 biggest Romanian cities:Bucharest, Cluj,Timisoara and Iasi (great techies community, with a lot of big IT companies, like Microsoft, HP, Oracle, Amazon, Nokia-Alcatel, Endava, EBS, iquest, Accenture, Garmin, GoPro, King, MSG Systems AG, Continental Automotive AG, Deutsche Bank Shared Service Center, Societe Generale Shared Service Center, Unicredit Shared Service Center just to name the big names) and glueing together a group of enthusiasts to talks, experiment&develop bapps on top of lisk
  • Funding development for future bapps
  • Oragnising a Lisk DAPPS hackathon in October 2017 (if the SDK is available till then)
  • Working on a whitepaper for what should be one of the first DAPPS developed on top top of lisk. An ICO should follow, somewhere in September 2017

Ending Statement

As you can see my "agenda" is quite full. I need to focus on these activities and if you think that is a good thing that I'm doing, please show me your support by voting me so I can focus on my agenda.
A vote for me is a vote for making lisk great, a vote for me is your effort and support to make lisk be the first option when it comes about developing blockchain applications. Your vote it's a recognition of my efforts and in the same time an obligation for me to do my best in spreading the word about lisk and building a great community around lisk. Thank you.

Contact Details

Reddit: stenea
BitcoinTalk.org: leto.atreides
Twitter: @stenea
LinkedIn: https://ro.linkedin.com/in/stenea
nickname: atreides
Last edited by atreides on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:54 am, edited 32 times in total.

kevinrasf
Lisker

Re: atreides as delegate

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:49 am

Added you to the summary: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216&p=1798#p1798

Please vote for me as well.

Please also provide more details on what you will do with the forge rewards?
Full summary of Delegate Announcements at : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=216

Please vote for me as delegate : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236
Livenet: Kevinrasf

atreides
Lisker

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Just voted.
I'm new to this and I must admit I jumped on this train because lately (3-4 months) started to think about smart contracts, automatic clearing house and different applications of crypto-currency features in fintech (I'm a fintech consultant with 13 years experience of IT Infrastructure but with little to none experience to mining/forging ).
Since it was too late for Ethereum and just missed lisk ICO, I've decided to be more involved since it's in its early beginning. At least, now I will have an answer to my wife asking me what are we going to do with those servers in my basement :D .
I'm not a developer but I guess, I'll support projects in the fintech area (putting aside my operating costs).After all the value of all we do here is strictly related on the implementations and apps developed upon lisk. Greater the app greater the value of lisk.
Last edited by atreides on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Odsejen
Lisker

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:47 pm

you have my vote :)
Odsejen delegate-info: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=278

arisalexis
Lisker

Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:58 am

Hi, js developer into dapps. See my https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=287

sgdias
Lisker

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:51 pm

+1 here !

diplo
Lisker

Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Great write-up, you've got my vote.

Thanks,
diplo