I'm diplo (no not the DJ unfortunately) and i'm here to request your support for my delegate candidacy. I have been involved in the cryptocurrency world for over 3 years now and I'm extremely passionate about disruptive technology, especially that of the decentralized type. LISK to me represents all of that and more, and I want to do anything I can to help support its continued growth and value.
Why consider me as a delegate?
- I'm an entrepreneur and all-around businessman, but one with a scientific and technological background.
- Active member since testnet v0.1.2.
- Have maintained near 100% uptime during each version of testnet from v0.1.2 onward, I've never taken my testnet node offline.
- ICO participant.
Furthermore, my skill set lies in bridging the gap between the business world and the technology world. I often find that people in business don't often understand the full potential of projects like Lisk, and people in the tech world don't always understand the business side of things. Opportunities like this are what I live for, and I know I can make a positive impact in many ways, not just by running a node and supporting the network.
I often leverage my presence on twitter with over 12k followers to network with people in industries ranging from venture capital to cryptocurrencies, hedge funds to financial markets and entrepreneurship. I believe LISK can have an enormous impact in all of these fields, but it is important that we inform and educate people in these arenas in order to push for widespread adoption.
I'm no genius, nor am I an expert in programming, but I intend to use my background in business, finance, and technology to help support this project both as a delegate as well as an unofficial spokesman for others in my line of work.
I am the co-founder/managing partner of an Atlanta, Georgia (US) based quant investment firm. We are quite different than your run-of-the-mill firms, however, as we utilize science and technology at the core of our business. Since discovering bitcoin years ago I have always been a proponent of cryptocurrencies both for their technological value but also as incredibly lucrative alternative investments.
My current node setup:
- Hosted on Vultr (with ddos protection)
- 4 CPU
- 4GB RAM
- Daily backups for restoration/migration
I have real life experience with what it takes to maintain 6 servers (soon to be more) in a local data center that require 24/7 uptime (at my firm we manage millions in assets -- risk management and business continuity are my top priorities). Keeping a lisk node up will be no different.
My plans as a LISK delegate & intention with forging rewards:
- Support the LISK network with a robust node of high-uptime, addressing any arising issues immediately.
- Support the LISK community through voting and assisting in business- and investment-growth related decisions.
- Bring awareness to the LISK project to outside individuals and groups (particularly in the business and investment arena).
- ~25% to fund expenses involving running the node and my personal time costs.
- ~10-15% to donate to a Lisk fund for continued support of Lisk team (TBD, will decide once the fund itself is established)
- ~30% to hold long term for investment purposes.
- ~30% to invest in Blockchain-App development involving a decentralized trading & investing platform. See my proposal below.
Algorithmic-trading Cryptocurrency Investment Fund -- A Blockchain-App
Fellow delegate candidate Bangomatic and I have been talking for a while now about different blockchain-app ideas and one we are interested in possibly pursuing is one i've bounced around in my head for over a year now. It involves taking the traditional structure of an investment fund and decentralizing it on a cryptocurrecy platform (ie. LISK).
As mentioned prior, I have an extensive background in finance and investing and want to leverage this skill set to build a platform that could offer such services in a more open (less regulated) and transparent (audit-able) manner. At my firm we have years of research and development under our belts in financial modeling and automated trading, much of the same processes we use in the stock market can also be applied to the cryptocurrency markets. So why not!
Our intention with this project would be to fund it primarily through our forging rewards and I would function as more of a chief advisor to the project while bangomatic would be more involved on the technical (blockchain-app) aspects. Due to my line of work, I also have connections with finance quants/engineers so souring talent or getting additional council wouldn't be too difficult. I know fairly well what it takes to set up a platform like this as well as structuring and what not. It's a huge undertaking so the more support we receive the better--and more likely it would make the project a success. The idea is still in its very early stages but below is a breakdown of the structure as it currently sits.
I want to thank the developers of this incredibly exciting project as well as those who are considering me as an active delegate.
To vote for me:
Delegate name: diplo
Current Rank: 113
https://www.linkedin.com/in/micahspruil ... ab_profile