News: I'm looking for some votes to swap - 61,1k LSK and steadily increasing (80%)... read more
Hello Lisk Community
I'm Poly#Crypto, born in Germany and living in the beautiful city of Berlin.
In recent years I am working as an energy electronics technician. My hobbies are music and sports, technologies and electronic skills. But the biggest fascination are computer and everything that has to do with it. So I am interested in linux, programming, network techniques and much more.
I have experience in HTML, CSS, Bash scripting, something in PHP. And I am very familiar with Linux distributions like Arch Linux, Debian and Ubuntu.
I am a cryptocurrency enthusiast for several years and a part-time trader. My first contact with crypto was Bitcoin - naturally. I have experimented with many PoS Coins. And I've followed some interesting projects like Dash (DarkCoin), Monero, SuperNet and was interested more and more for various Blockchain projects. In addition to the technology my main focus in these projects was on good and strong communities. And I'm sure I found it with Lisk.
Currently I have deployed 7 server. Three for the mainnet, one mainnet management server, two for the testnet and one for the public wallet. The delegate node and the backup nodes process the Lisk blockchain. As the name suggests, the forging is enabled on the delegate node. But in case of failure, if the delegate node forked or stopped, it is easy to switch and enable the forging on the backup node. This will ensure that there is always one of these nodes are operating properly including forging. All nodes are monitored by Monit. When an error occurs, I will be informed immediately via e-mail & on my smartphone.
- On each mainet server runs a script which checks the status.
In the event of an error, the rebuild or reload function of Lisk will be initiated.
- The management server is to guarantee that always one of the three mainnet servers has enabled the forging.
To do this, a script checks the state of the three mainnet nodes. If the block height is not correct on the current forging node, It is switched to the next backup server.
The inspiration for this approach came from the Lisk community members Corsaro and MrV. Thanks a lot for this.
Security configurations for all servers:
- HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) with long duration
- Various Certificates RSA 4096 bits
- Forward Secrecy, A+ scores SSL/TLS Encryption
- Strict firewall rules
- SSH with public key authentication
- Fail2Ban to IP blocking
- Own domain for each server & Premium DNS
- Monitoring and failover scripts
Current Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem
From the beginning, I was very excited about the project Lisk & the idea behind. That's why I supported it and will support it in the future. The first comment about Lisk in the BTT forum I wrote on February 5th 2016. Thenceforth I have written a big part of the posts in the German LISK Thread, translated and published the announcements, news & community updates and all the other contributions of the Lisk team. Of course I have replied to many questions of the German-speaking Bitcoinforum members and think respectively hope I could be a help to those. Logically, I also participated in the ICO of Lisk. And I support Lisk on Twitter with a large number of self-created Tweets including nice graphics which generated a lot of input for the forum, for the blog or for Bitcointalk. For several days we have a new German Lisk Thread on Bitcointalk. Also there I am active with the translation and post the announcements of Lisk, spend a lot of time to answer the questions of the users or help with problems. Except for one event, I participated in all community meetings in the Lisk chat.
Service for the Lisk community:
Lisk forum topics:
- Lisk: Exchanges, MarketCap, Payment Services & Others
- Lisk: Börsen, Zahlungsdienste, Marktkapitalisierung & Sonstiges
- Lisk: Conferences & Meetings, Infos & Summaries
- Lisk: Konferenzen & Meetings, Infos & Zusammenfassungen
- much more: Deutsch (German, Swiss, Austrian)
- Lisk on Twitter - Campaigns and Ideas
Lisk forum tutorials:
- Anleitung: Einrichten eines VPS, Installation von Lisk, SSL
- Anleitung: Lisk, Nginx Reverse Proxy und SSL
Started Bitcointalk threads:
- Lisk - Development Updates
- Lisk - Weekly Summaries
- Lisk - Press articles and releases
- Lisk - Community Delegates
In December 2016 I started a small Twitter promotion action for the Lisk community.
This is a thank you to all loyal supporters of Lisk, to all users who have helped other members in the chat, forum etc, to all Lisker with good ideas and to all my voters. Community Delegates Campaign, Read more
Lisk testnet participation:
- Since a long time I actively participate in the testnet. The testnet is essential for Lisk and the developers to test many new things, to find bugs and improve the Lisk versions. Besides, the participation was also very important for me. I've learned many new things about the server, about the Lisk code and much more which are important to running a secure and stable delegate node.
My Testnet Account:
- Testnet Delegate: polycrypto_test | Address: 3409637010115081459L
Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem
Of course, my commitment will continue in the future for the community forums, the Lisk chat and the social media.
In addition to my previous activity I would be very interested in a great PR and marketing campaign for example via Twitter where I am very active. I know Twitter is a very special medium. Some people like it, some people hate it. But on Twitter you can get a lot of attention, here we can bundle our forces with the account of LiskHQ and some diligent community members. I'm ready for it.
More plans and visions:
- User support and help with promotion projects like apps, websites, guides etc, e.g. this HowTo,this Guide or this Tutorial
- There are plans for some big Twitter campaigns
- Translation of various projects like Lisk-Wiki, if wanted
- Creating and publishing a German Lisk portal
- Developing my first blockchain app
My next technical steps:
- Improvement of my management server
- Setting up a node to provide a public snapshot server
- Forging Account: polycrypto | Address: 7235403133900409121L
- Voting Power: polycrypto_vote | Address: 15214067665536823519L
- For some stuff: pol_v2 | Address: 2085329693337938868L
- Server costs: | Address: 8495940021139251514L
Rewards, Costs and Donations
From my monthly rewards I will donate some LSK for the app development, for community projects, for the Lisk Community fund and for users who contribute with good ideas, scripts, tools or interesting initiatives. Furthermore, I will cover the cost of my servers, domains and promotion campaigns. A large part should be untouched during the first year for stability & voting power. If you have an excellent idea for a project which needs support, please tell me about it. All my donations in the future will be transparent.
My transparency reports:
Thank you for reading my proposal. Well I hope you are satisfied with my previous work and I would be very pleased to get your votes. Your support is also a support for a stable and secure network. And of course, I will continue to support Lisk, even if I'm not elected.
Best regards Poly#Crypto
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Messaging XMPP: On demand [use Conversations & Gajim with OMEMO, OTR & OpenPGP encryption]
- GitHub: https://github.com/PolyCrypto
- Bitcointalk Profil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?actio ... e;u=383517
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/polycrypto
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Polycrypto/
- Forum: https://forum.lisk.io/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=492