hmachado
Lisker

hmachado - #33 - Trusted Delegate with top Productivity, Developing Tools for the community

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Introduction

My name is Hugo Machado, I'm 38yo from Portugal.

I'm in Crypto for some years now. I am a seasoned engineer and have plenty experience with servers, network, security, etc. For that I believe myself capable of running a very reliable delegate node.

Also, I had a small startup some years ago where we made some iPhone apps, the name was Chilly Code. If anyone cares to take a look go download "Zombie Fleet" from the App Store. It was our first game and it is free.

I think Lisk has the potential to play a major role in internet decentralization and I'm looking forward to design and implement a big number of distributed apps on the social and IoT domains.

Server Specifications

I’ve been around Lisk since day 1 and my setup had a lot of modifications in the last 6+ months.
Right now it looks like this:

#Mainnet

- Master: 6 Core , 8 GB RAM, 150GB SSD Disk, located in Holland
- Backup: 6 Core , 8 GB RAM, 150GB SSD Disk, located in Germany
- Backup2: 4 Core , 4 GB RAM, 150GB SSD Disk, locate in Japan

#Testnet

- Master: 2 Core , 2 GB RAM, 150GB SSD Disk, located in Holland
- Backup: 2 Core , 2 GB RAM, 150GB SSD Disk, located in Germany

They have obscene bandwidth conditions with seasoned firewall and IDSs fronting the servers just in case.
My proposed setup for the time being is having one of these to take over on the forging in case something goes wrong with the active node.

More important then the setup itself, because its in constant change, it’s the tool I created to run my nodes: LiskAK
It’s a forging failover and command line for Lisk, that is managing my current nodes with around 98% productivity for the past months on Testnet.

Significant enhancements took place on the last days, making sure LiskAK can handle the task.

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

Tools

I've contributed with LiskAK to remove the requirement of having to use the Lisk GUI and perform all commands at the prompt. It made only sense to have it do my node management.

This is a means to an end, contribute to stabilize the network and provide a way to have the Lisk API at the command line.

First I thought about using it just for myself so that my productivity would stand out. Since that wouldn’t be an asset for the Lisk ecosystem, only for me, I quickly decided to make it public. I’m sure this tool can have a big impact by assuring your nodes are always online, even when you are away, and therefore making the Lisk Network as stable as possible. At this point is the only management tool im using.

You can look at it here: https://github.com/filipealmeida/liskak

Not only it will monitor your nodes and have them running properly, it’s also a replacement for the Lisk interface. It can be used to send transactions, create new accounts, check balances, vote from a given file, etc.
It’s also work in progress. Although it already has 1000+ lines of code, new features will continue to be added when I see the need or when community asks.

Funding

Funding is essential for any new project, so I intend to use a percentage of my delegate income on Lisk related projects.
The “Lisk Fund” and the “Lisk Delegate Fund” are both great ideas with huge potential, I will continue to keep up with their development and at this point they are the best candidates to receive a good amount of my forged Lisks.

Also, I find very important to build a Lisk Saving Account. The main goal is to use it for voting on other capable delegates. For that purpose I will set some Lisks aside.

Finally, a small percentage will be used to maintain my setup.

Ending Statement

My delegate will continue to aim for top productivity, and LiskAK will continue to evolve to perform any required tasks.
Also, with my background developing App's, i will be in the front line for a Lisk App as soon as Lisk supports it.

I hope you consider me a valid delegate and trust me with your vote. I will do my very best to secure the Network and help the Lisk Ecosystem grown.

Contact Details

E-Mail: hmachado.coins@gmail.com
GitHub: filipealmeida
BitcoinTalk.org: hmachado
Twitter: hmachado__

Joel
COO/Community Manager

Re: hmachado - #33 Trusted Delegate with top Productivity - Developing Tools for the community

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Thank you for participating on our Delegate Campaign!

Your proposal has qualified for the reimbursement of your Delegate registration and the 25 LSK bonus! Additionally, the proposal is under review and eligible for the contest in which the top three proposals will receive 5,000 LSK while the follow up ten proposals will receive 1,000 LSK! Throughout the time period of the contest, proposals may be upgraded and improved for better chances to win.

May the best proposal win!
Joel, Community Manager

hmachado
Lisker

Re: hmachado - #33 Trusted Delegate with top Productivity - Developing Tools for the community

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:41 am

Awesome!
Thanks Lisk Team and metal494 :)

jamdawg
Lisker

Re: hmachado - #33 - Trusted Delegate with top Productivity, Developing Tools for the community

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:56 am

Just voted for you - thanks for the great work! Very new to Lisk but it seems to be a winner. Any tips on how to support the project and earn more LSK welcome!

12728518524887618377L

Regards
J

Return to “Proposals”