veriform

veriform - #120 - Formal Verification

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Introduction

Good morning Liskers!

I have an extense background in Mathematics, cryptography and coding starting from my early years, well before the inception of bitcoin and crypto big bang.

Therefore, bitcoin, blockchain and crypto in general have my interest from the beginning. Blockchains are going to impact in our lifes from ways that we cannot even imagine at the moment, and from that point of view I believe Lisk has a good opportunity of entering crypto space with the benefit of past success and failure stories. Take for a moment Ethereum's early great success, that has turn out in an increasingly uncertain environment due to the complexities surrounding smart contract deployment (e.g. the famous DAO hack, but there are many more instances). From my point of view, Ethereum's VM architecture needs to change/evolve in order to have a chance of survival in the long run. I am presently studying the application of formal verification theory and tools to the analysis of smart contracts. There is a broad theory of formal methods, temporal logic and proof-carrying code that can be applied to smart contracts, and help smart contract developers check that their contracts behave as intended, and are coded without significant flaws.

Lisk is still young in terms of architectural decisions, and some of the flaws present in competing cryptocurrencies can be avoided. I think I can provide some ideas to build a strong, robust environment for Lisk application developers.

I knew about Lisk but just at a general level when a I met a member of the Lisk community named @tembo and he managed to plant Lisk seed in my mind. Since I am a very curious person, I started to dig more deeply into Lisk project and I like the concept. We are now planning lisk projects together.

I would like to promote myself as an active delegate. My purpose will be to contribute to Lisk success from the security and architecture level, working on formal verification of future bockchain applications. I have some ideas on security-oriented applications (anonymous chat, secret sharing, and some other) to build into Lisk future sidechains.

My delegate node is "veriform": address 15833684874495472493L

Server Specifications

I will build the mainnet nodes on AWS instances.

I will look closely at the configurations of other experienced members and I will always be able to upgrade specifications quickly when is needed:

4 Core
8 GB RAM
40 GB SSD
Good internet connection

Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

As I said in the introduction section my strenghts are:

* Security
* Formal verification
* Blockchain app development

After covering IT expenses, I will deploy 100% of the funds to work on a formal verification framework for Lisk and Lisk applications and to blockchain application development. It won't be enough but certainly it will be a start.

Ending Statement (Explain why you will be an excellent Delegate to vote for)

I have deep cryptography expertise and security background. We want future lisk bockchain app users and investors feel safe in its whole lisk experience. This is key to succeed. Please let me increase my participation in the project by voting for this proposal.

If you consider security and formal verification of all layers a MUST, vote for "veriform".

Thank you for your support.

Contact Details

Lisk chat: veriform
Last edited by veriform on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joel
COO/Community Manager

Re: veriform - #697 - Formal Verification

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Thank you for participating on our Delegate Campaign!

Your proposal has qualified for the reimbursement of your Delegate registration and the 25 LSK bonus! Additionally, the proposal is under review and eligible for the contest in which the top three proposals will receive 5,000 LSK while the follow up ten proposals will receive 1,000 LSK! Throughout the time period of the contest, proposals may be upgraded and improved for better chances to win.

May the best proposal win!
Joel, Community Manager

veriform

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Thank you, Joel.
I just saw that my proposal is one of the winners (!). I feel deeply honoured and would like to say a big thank you for selecting my proposal, and to tembo (great delegate -- vote for him!) for introducing me to this wonderful Lisk community. Lisk has an incredible potential. Let's give it the best foundations of all virtual currencies!

Poly#Crypto
Lisker

Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:47 am

Hello veriform

Two days ago I've started a small Twitter action for the Lisk community.
You are among the next 4 selected users.

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1238#p9807
polycrypto ❖ Lisker since day one ❖ 7 secure nodes - Mainnet/Testnet

My Delegate Proposal | My Transparency Reports | My Twitter | Bitcointalk Profil

jamdawg
Lisker

Re: veriform - #120 - Formal Verification

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:08 am

Just voted for you - thanks for the great work! Very new to Lisk but it seems to be a winner. Any tips on how to support the project and earn more LSK welcome!

12728518524887618377L

Regards
J

joo5ty
Lisker

Re: veriform - #120 - Formal Verification

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:51 am

Hi Veriform, You have my vote! Please look at my delegate page for all the things I do fulltime for the Lisk eco-system and consider voting me back? Cheers! viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1543

Return to “Proposals”