cybersailor

blockcoinAU - #182 - It's not about your own wallet. 60% fund with split purpose for now.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 am

Introduction (Brief introduction of yourself)

I'm running my Lisk node as a side project of blockcoin.com.au which is a site focused on Crypto Coins in Australia, delivering realtime quotes in one convenient place. I've added a dedicated LISK realtime quote page to my site and am about to add more LISK related information for people to read and smarten up on LISK and its potential. My node runs on MacOS. Not because I don't like LINUX but because we need different flavours in the forging community and I've always loved Macs.

I have 28 years of IT experience across a vast area starting with a Commodore VC20, MSX, ATARI, VAX and other mainframes all the way to now running blockcoin.com.au on Google Cloud. I'm a developer with experience in Swift, PHP & JS. I love new stuff and I therefore have a keen interest in all things crypto. Especially LISK.

Server Specifications

I run 2 Macs on the mainnet in a typical forging/standby configuration right now. The server is a Mac Mini quad core i7 with 16GB RAM with a dual core i7 16GB as standby. Mac Minis are perfect for a LISK node. Low power consumption and plenty of power to support the network. There is now a test node active as well to support whatever comes our way with this great coin.

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

I try to keep active by contributing to Mac related issues and obviously by running blockcoin.com.au. Over the next few months I'll be trying to actually convert some of my ideas into reality but I will wait for the LSK SDK to become available.

Ending Statement (Explain why you will be an excellent Delegate to vote for)

Your vote is much appreciated for the following reasons: I run this node independently without pool. Pools are good for obvious reasons such as a combined payout which makes it easier for individual delegates as they don' have to worry about creating complicated payout scripts but we need independent nodes that provide stable, reliable service across the LSK network with as much geographical spread as possible.

I'm in Brisbane, Australia. I follow the principle of making a big impact with a small footprint. Vote for me and know that your vote goes towards a self sustained LISK node and a future that brings the power back to the people.

To reach the 101 alone without pools is a rather difficult task to do but I believe true transparency can only be achieved by being independent. I could promise to pay for votes but I absolutely do not support a system where delegates are elected because they pay their voters. It is fundamentally flawed and corrupt. It is the main issue I have with this "Delegate Proof of Stake" system LISK is using. We can do better and we SHOULD do better. Blockchain technology is supposed to disrupt and make this world a fairer place. Right now the exact opposite is happening and those who are in charge are getting ever richer for very little in return.

I instead propose to use a percentage of my earned coins towards greener, futuristic projects that are based on blockchain technology. LISK has plenty of potential in that area and I see a great chance to make a difference by putting blockchain to work for better future of mankind. I created a "Project" address and contribute 60% of any LSK earned towards it for the time being. I will gradually increase this level over time and keep people informed about any contributions the fund will make. 60% is a good start as we do not yet have any significant projects and I would like to also earn some LISK to pay for my nodes and website. If you have ideas in that area, you're more than welcome to PM me and we can take it from there.

:idea: Until the above proposal has any merit (There aren't any projects worth supporting yet and all the smaller efforts are already well covered):
I will distribute 60% to those who find themselves in dire straits and need a little bit of help to get going again. This is not done by donating to a charity but by lending a helping hand directly to people out there. Regardless of their location, skin colour or circumstances. If we all make a little bit of an effort we can achieve magnificent things.

I WILL ALSO LINK THE PERFORMANCE OF MY NODE TO THE PERCENTAGE I EARN FOR MYSELF. For any tenth of a percentage below 99.6 I will pay 10% to my voters. Not as a reward for your votes but as a penalty for failing to provide a more stable, secure node. Yes, this may well mean that I won't earn anything at times.

We shouldn't forget that the world is not a fair place right now and wealth is distributed unevenly to say the least. Blockchain technology is the most promising weapon to change this from the bottom up. It brings the power back to the people. I like the idea and I don't think voting for your delegates should be done by simply focusing on your own bottom line. There is much more at stake here.

:idea: Let's disrupt, let's make it happen & Thanks for voting!

60% contribution to green, futuristic, disruptive blockchain projects: 1295306192423627983L
40% blockcoinAU forging: 2037153227212286915L

Contact Details

E-Mail: info@blockcoin.com.au
Twitter: @blockcoinAU
Web: https://blockcoin.com.au
Last edited by cybersailor on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Cryptokeen

Re: blockcoinAU - #182 - It's not about your own wallet. 50% fund to pay for disruptive, alternative sidechain projects.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:12 am

Great to see another keen Blockchain evangelist from Australia, I am also myself from Brisbane :)

Your proposal on greener, futuristic projects using Blockchain \ LISK, is definitely something of interest! Do you have any examples?

I myself am keen to explore blockchain projects which relate to health & well being. Projects that can directly impact the overall health globally!

Interesting proposal.

cybersailor

Re: blockcoinAU - #182 - It's not about your own wallet. 60% fund to pay for disruptive, alternative sidechain projects.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi there, Crytokeen
Good to see somebody from Brisbane here! And yes, I have some examples and will get in touch with you via PM.
I've decided to modify my proposal as we don't yet have any significant projects worth supporting so any forging rewards will instead go towards supporting those less fortunate who find themselves in dire straits and could do with a helping hand to get back on track.

Thanks for commenting on my proposal.
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Return to “Proposals”