redsn0w
Global Moderator

Re: Testnet Bounties

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Bangomatic wrote:
redsn0w wrote:
corsaro wrote:
an idea could be to reward all active testnet delegates, with a formula based mainly on the "producedblocks", but that penalizes for "missedblocks" so that testnet delegates with 50% productivity or less are motivated to improve node's performance, due to the fact with productivity at 50% or less delegate does not receive bounties

the target should be to have a testnet constantly uptodate, with 101 active delegates with productivity in the range 90% - 100%

I like this idea, for example 0,5 - 1 LSK every block forged in the testnet + a bounty for the people that are here since the beginning (March) of the public test.

Do we have those statistics since March? I think it's a great idea, and we should be rewarded. Even though we have participated of our own free will, it has been done to support Lisk. I've been here since the start and have already spent +-$800 USD and a few hundred hrs of my time supporting testnet, and my case is probably average as many here have done the same or more.

I don't think but it's easy to say who were and who were not here since the beginning of the public test (before the lisk launch).
I also have spent a lot of money and most important a lot of times testing the various lisk clients, most of us did the same...

cointrader83
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Very good idea. I support this project. How can I help? What is Max opinion from this?

anamix
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:08 pm

All forger in test give a big support to lisk community and they spend time and money to manteint their node up and synched.

Proposal of bounty is a sign of gratitude from dev.

One proposal could be a 10 -1 ratio between produced lisk in testnet - rewaed in % of productivity

for example 20000 lisk produced 90 % productivity 1800 lisk reward
Please check my post as delegate viewtopic.php?f=6&t=269

djselery
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:25 pm

interesting concept, doubtful max will agree to a 5000 lisk bounty for this concept. But realistically 500-1000 isn't that bad. Based on production. But you can't really go by current uptime, you would have to do a missed block to forged block solution, maybe most forged blocks. And maybe make it every week. I do kinda like the idea of trading in testnet lisk for your bounty too, that way it shakes things up. And maybe you can only collect the bounty with x number of testnet lisk as to control the amount of time one person can win from week to week?

cc001
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:40 pm

updated the initial post with this:

IMPORTANT: Only the defined timerange for this release would count for the blocks. The current productivity that is shown in the explorer since the beginning is not used. This way, also new delegates or delegates with low total productivity get a chance. It basically begins to count from 0 for every release!
My Delegate Node
My Websites:
My Scripts:
My Tutorials:
  • Secure basic setup of a delegate server
  • how to set up 'lisk-rake' (outdated)

vi1son
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:42 pm

I support this idea fully!

vi1son
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:50 pm

anamix wrote:All forger in test give a big support to lisk community and they spend time and money to manteint their node up and synched.

Proposal of bounty is a sign of gratitude from dev.

One proposal could be a 10 -1 ratio between produced lisk in testnet - rewaed in % of productivity

for example 20000 lisk produced 90 % productivity 1800 lisk reward

I think this is the fairest option.

punkrock
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:04 pm

cc001 wrote:updated the initial post with this:

IMPORTANT: Only the defined timerange for this release would count for the blocks. The current productivity that is shown in the explorer since the beginning is not used. This way, also new delegates or delegates with low total productivity get a chance. It basically begins to count from 0 for every release!

+1
Delegate name: punkrock
Address: 6853061742992593192L

Daniel B. - Former Lisk ambassador for Germany
Website | My delegate proposal | Twitter | Bitcointalk

Grumlin
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:53 pm

It's fantastic idea! But we need more reward, maybe 2k+ LSK or even more

Splatters
Lisker

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:28 pm

I like it, the bounty should be given to all the 101 delegates, especially to those who have it since the first release, a special prize for them will be well accepted I guess, then a small reward for every day of forging.

Return to “General Discussion”