Vega
Lisker

Lisk Delegate Monitor (for Windows)

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:25 pm

This is a simply node and network consensus monitor for dektop Windows users. I like this kind of solutions as it always shows me the data I need, but doesn't take up too much of my display.

You can find the latest version on github: LiskDelegateMonitor

v1.0 is an update of my earlier Lisk Delegate Monitor script. There will be no new releases after this (unless bug fixes needed), as I already started working on a different solution, that will show more data, and better, will do lisk.log analysis and will offer options like enable disable forging with a button. It will also have an alarm and failover solution.
It will be called Lisk Node Monitor.

This version will show:

- Your basic delegate information
- Your nodes current height and if they have forging enabled (Letters (F)orging (N)ot forging or (U)unknown beside your node names)
- Height consensus on the network. It's a good indicatior if a node of yours is experiencing a problem
- A message if one of your nodes is behind on block (optional)
- A sound file can also be played on this event (optional)
- It can be set that this only happens if the forging node is behind

Notes for update:
Removed event notification.
Simplified settings.ini.
Cleaned up the code, should be final version (other than bug fixes)
A more advanced version of this tool will be developed with the name of "Lisk Node Monitor"

Installation
Just install Autohotkey and you can start running the script. Or you can use the compiled exe, or compile it yourself with the tool provided with AHK install. Please note that Autohotkey is Windows only (Although there is a Wine port for it, you are welcome to try it.

About usage:
- The first start will generate a settings.ini. Edit this for settings. Please note, that any time you edit settings.ini you have to reload/restart the script if it's already running, for the new settings to take effect. (I'll make some easier settings handling at some point.)
- There are a few parameters that you "should" provide for the script to show everything it could.
- Your delegate username (delegatename)
- Your node addresses, with port if needed (nodeurl)

Some additional notes:

The app (or script) is written in Autohotkey. If you don't know it, AHK is an open-source automation language. I used it for various reasons:

- AHK has a very simply syntax. Even if you don't know it, it's very easy to read the code. So anyone can verify that nothing sinister is in the code.
- You can run it as source, no need to compile (but you can do it with a simple GUI tool included in the install folder). Just install Autohotkey and can run any .ahk file.
- I made the code as easily followable and simple as possible, with losts of comments. You can find comments after ";" (semicolon) that is the default comment flag for AHK
- I'm not a developer by trade and this is the language that I know best (it made my daily life much easier for years now)
- As I usually code just for myself, my code may not be as error-toleran as it should be. Provide me feedback, if you run into any problems, I'll correct it as soon as possible.
- If you run into a bug, let me know, I'll fix it as soon as possible.
- If you have a feature request or improvement idea, I'd like to hear it. Maybe I'll prioritize it and you get in sooner.

(See my delegate candidacy thread. VOTE for Vega)

delmonitor.png
delmonitor.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Last edited by Vega on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cointrader83
Lisker

Re: Remote Lisk Delegate Monitor (for Windows)

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:40 pm

very cool, thank you!

max
CEO

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Very cool.
Please take a look at the Community Fund. It's an important project!

SpaceTrucker
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Very cool stuff! I like it!

Do you plan to integrate a feature to distribute forging rewards for special puroses or in the simples way to voters?

For example I came up with this idea here: https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=3842#p3806

It would be great to have a voting function, to apply for delegate funds and on the other side, to distribute funds to special projects if you own a delegate.

As concerning revenues from my node, I would support such kind of project.
Profit Sharing Node - Vote SpaceTrucker as an LISK emissary
https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=223

Samurray
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Very nice tool !
Great job Vega !
And you have my vote ofc!
My Candidature : https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=136

I believe that the first 101 active delegates will have the same amount of responsibility as Country Ambassadors: to secure the succes of Lisk platform wherever they are! Go Lisk !!! ;)

Vega
Lisker

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Just a small node: the voterslist generation has some glich. (or several)
I'm rewriting it and release a new version tomorrow.

cryptostorms
Lisker

Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:55 am

nicely done bro, cudos, cool tool thanks

TheRedHawk
Lisker

Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Awesome!!

What a nice work!

Congrats!! 8-)
theredhawk

FOUNDER ::: BATTLECHAIN PROJECT ::: CFO/PR

CHECK THE APP THREAD

CHECK OUR CANDIDATURE

metal494
Lisker

Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks man it is very usefull and handy :)

Vega
Lisker

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:08 pm

v.0.2 is up on github.

Changelog
- rewritten voting list generation
- added an option to menu
- voter list html improvements
- small bug fixes and other improvements
- added a new parameter to settings.ini voterlist_getallusername

Notes:
- If you generate a voting list you will see that some of the voters have only address and balance. These are the accounts that voted for you, but you didn't vote for them. To get their username have to make individual API calls to retrieve them, makes voter list generation much slower. So it's disabled by default, enable it by changing voterlist_getallusername parameter in settings.ini to yes. (If you don't have a settings.ini yet, it will be included, if you do, it will be added to the last line.)

- You can now test node switching. As long as you provided both main and backup server address and allowed switch_backup option in the settings.ini you wil see a new menu when right-clicking the system tray icon.
Switch Forging to Backup Node or Switch Forging to Main Node, depending which node is forging at the moment.
Please remember that you have to add your ip address to the forging whitelist in config.json , on both nodes for this to work.

Return to “Tools & Scripts”